- This event has passed.
Melissa’s Race 2018
April 28, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 pm$35
The 3rd annual Melissa’s Race to Battle Brain Cancer will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at Fort Mellon Park in Sanford, Florida. The run/walk is open to participants of all fitness levels and runners will be timed. The true spirit of the event encourages walkers and runners alike to start or join Family & Friend, Neighborhood or Company Teams to revel in the community around them and celebrate their fundraising efforts together at this wonderfully spirited event.
This event is in memory of Melissa Vosburg, a resident of Sanford and teacher at Midway Elementary School, who was lost to brain cancer in 2013. The event is a fund raiser for brain cancer research.
When? Apr 28, 2018 Saturday 7:30 AM
Where? Fort Mellon Park in Sanford – Click for Map
- Pre-registration, which includes custom finisher medal and t-shirt:
- $35 for adults
- $25 for under 16 years old
- Join us on April 28th by registering for the 5K Run/Walk at melissasrace.org.
- If you can’t make it in person, register for the Virtual 5K at melissasrace.org. Runners and walkers can sign up for the virtual race register online and simply choose their own starting line, whether it’s a treadmill or a neighborhood street. They run or walk the 5k by April 28th, upload their finishing time and a few days later are mailed the t-shirt and medal. Why not form a Virtual Race Team?
Why? The purpose of our charity is to raise awareness of brain cancer, to fund research of brain cancer treatments, as well as to encourage and support innovations in primary education. Melissa Vosburg, Inc is a US 501(c)3 charitable organization, so all donations are tax deductible to the full extend of the law.
Click Here to Register for Melissa’s Race
Click Here to Donate to Melissa’s Race
Click Here to Volunteer for Melissa’s Race
- Click Here for more information on what kind of volunteer assistance we need for Melissa’s Race!
Click Here for Details on Wall of Hope
Click Here to Sponsor Melissa’s Race